Sometimes you need to connect to the Internet through a different server than the one you normally use. There could be a variety of reasons for this. Perhaps you need access to a remote computer that is set up on a foreign server. Your regular server may be down, prompting you to have to make a temporary change. Whenever you need to use a proxy server in this way, Internet Explorer is there to help.
You Have Need:
- Working Internet Connection
- Internet Explorer Version 7 and Higher. (If Not Than Upgrade It From Microsoft Website.)
- A Proxy Server Address And Proxy Port. (For Finding A Proxy Server of Any Countries Just Go To Proxy Server List.)
Process Of Changing IP Address:
Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to the ‘Tools’ tab.
- Select ‘Internet Options’.
Click on the ‘Connections’ tab.
- Hit the ‘Settings’ button.
- Look over the list of settings options, then click on the Proxy server option, And check the box “Use a proxy server for this connection.”
- Click ‘OK.’
Now your proxy settings have now been changed. If you want to change them again, simply follow these steps, but uncheck the selection from the settings options list before clicking ‘OK.’
- Purchase an anti-virus program to maximize security on your computer when visiting the Internet.
- Internet Explorer has a number of security features built in to help you keep your computer safe while online. These features include a firewall and pop-up blocker. However, there is no anti-virus program included with Internet Explorer.
- Know that proxy settings for Internet Explorer 7 can only be changed by the Admins, Guests or additional accounts on the same computer do not have the ability to make such a change.